Pareto’s Principle, the 80/20 rule occurs again and again in many Self-help and Business books. If you have read my previous posts – ‘The One Thing Book Summary‘ and ‘The 4 Hour Work Week Summary‘ then you must have seen the principle there also. Therefore this post is completely dedicated to Pareto’s 80/20 rule with 51 examples so that the readers can understand the rule more clearly.

So what is 80/20 rule?

80/20 rule simply says that 80% of the results come from only 20% of our efforts. Therefore we should focus more on the 20% efforts because they have the leveraging power on our 80% results. Here are the examples of Pareto’s principle. Read them and relate to yourself and try to focus on the 20% inputs which can give you the 80% outcome.

What is 80-20 rule?

What is 80-20 rule? Pareto Principle with 51 Examples

  1. 80% of business comes from 20% of customers.
  2. 80% of wealth is owned by 20% of people.
  3. 80% of errors were eliminated by Microsoft when they fixed their 20% bugs.
  4. 80%  of impact comes from a 20% of habits and exercises on a sports person.
  5. 80% of injuries are caused by 20% of hazards.
  6. Self-help and business books have 20% ideas and 80% the elaboration of those ideas.
  7. 80% of likes on social media comes from 20% of your friends.
  8. 20% of social media platforms give 80% exposure to your content.
  9. 80% of your chats are done with 20% of your messenger contacts.
  10. 80% of the SMS’s in your inbox are coming from 20% of the SMS senders.
  11. 80% of your emails subscriptions are useless, 20% have value.
  12. 80% of your emails are from spammers, 20 % are from real subscriptions
  13. 80% of a product’s quality can be improved by using 20% ingredient’s quality.
  14. 80% of the healthcare money is used by 20% of patients.
  15. 80% of infection of a disease is spread by 20% of infected patients.
  16. 80% of crimes are committed by 20% of the criminals.
  17. 80% of the time is spent on worrying whereas 20% is spent on actually doing the work.
  18. Cell phones take 20% of the time to charge and 80% the time to discharge.
  19. 80% time is wasted while using your cell phone, only 20% time is spent on real use.
  20. 80% of the photos on your cell phone is a wastage of storage, you may want to preserve only 20% of them.
  21. 80% of health can be improved by changing 20% of eating habits.
  22. 20% people are real investors whereas the rest 80% are speculators.
  23. 80% of profit comes from 20% of the investment.
  24. 80% of the total sale comes from 20% of the products.
  25. 80% of the total sale comes from 20% of the salesforce.
  26. 20% customers become prospects, 80% remains suspects. (read about SPANCO theory)
  27. 20% of prospects become real customers, 80% remains prospects. (SPANCO theory again!)
  28. 80% of complaints come from 20% of customers.
  29. 80% of traffic comes from 20% content of a website.
  30. 80% of social shares are 20% of social posts.
  31. 20% students have the potential of scoring 80% marks in the examination.
  32. 80% times you wear 20% of your clothes.
  33. 20% of the things in your house are used 80% of times. Rest of the 80% are used rarely 20% of the times.
  34. 80% of the food’s taste is depended on 20% of ingredients.
  35. 80% of a building above the ground is depended upon 20% of the foundation below the ground.
  36. 80% of all attention is enjoyed by 20% celebrities.
  37. 80% of the power is enjoyed by 20% of the politicians.
  38. 80% times, a teacher struggles with 20% of his students.
  39. 80% of your web surfing is on 20% of websites.
  40. 80% of our vocabulary is formed of 20% of the words in our language.
  41. 80% of your expenses are made on 20% of bills.
  42. 80% of the stock comes from 20% suppliers.
  43. 80% stock space is covered by 20% products.
  44. 20% work consumes 80% of the time.
  45. 80% of the traffic occurs at 20% of the time.
  46. 80% of the tasks are done by 20% tools in a toolbox.
  47. 80% times only 20% of your friends will prove to be useful.
  48. 80% of the real news is in 20% of the newspaper.
  49. 80% of fights occur due to 20% of your or your partner’s bad habits.
  50. 80% times you listen to 20% songs in your music library.
  51. 80% times you use 20% of your phone’s features.

If you haven’t read the previous blog posts yet then go and read them so that you can have way more insights into making your life better than before!

Please follow and like us:
You deserve it!

You deserve it!

If you have read so far then you deserve to receive two book summaries every month in your mailbox.

You will receive your book summaries from now